Monday, January 4, 2010

Open Road

I remember once meeting my Aunt for lunch while driving back home for the weekend. This red-headed road warrior was uncharacteristically road weary, so a lunch stop to visit family was a welcome break ...as opposed to the other roughly 478 breaks from mass amounts of road construction. It took a toll on my demeanor. My expression dared anyone to even glance my direction. My exuberance for the visit was spent on that last detour before reaching the restaurant. When I arrived there I met a smiling, excited, doll of a woman who quite literally had sunbeams shooting right straight out of her arse. Aunt Karen! Amazing. She too had navigated the same construction yet her demeanor came out unscathed. Her attitude hadn't been assaulted. She was simply happy to be there! I was floored. There was a lesson in that moment. The same things happen to people everyday but how we allow ourselves to manage those events can make all the difference. From that moment, I made a choice to be more aware of how I manage things and to just try to do a little better. I am recently split from my boys' father. You could say I am navigating along my open road, and have been experiencing great deal of construction and delay. I try everyday, scratch that - every five minutes to manage how I deal with things that occur in a more positive manner. My instinct is that my journey could be a long one. Well that should give me a fantastic (bordering obscene) amount of opportunity to practice my management skills. Here's to the open road and Sunbeams! Good Things~

4 comments:

  1. I can't help but say if I was a dude, I would be all up on ur arse...crazy ladeeeeeee! I knew you had some great thoughts! This is good for us...I think we get caught up in our lives and don't take time to enjoy the small things. Like scraping the last of the peanut butter out of the jar with your finger, or scratching that unscratchable itch with whatever you can find...okay, I'm done! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aim...YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. 60Cent was here. Write faster and write more. When you figure out how to market this to the entire world, let me know. I need some marketing tips. Maybe you could blog about a chicken fricasse, beef bourguinon, or a roast duck with orange sauce.
    I am impressed. I cant write an email.

    ReplyDelete